Assist with asset management
DEFINE AND IMPLEMENT THE MAINTENANCE POLICY
A maintenance policy is established in relation to a required level of service in order to guarantee a user safety and comfort threshold. In terms of roads and road equipment, project owners and project managers must define these levels of services based on the use and category of the roads.
Our teams help you to define these, and to implement indicators used to monitor and measure deviations from expected levels.
SIMULATE MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES
Having acquired a wealth of experience in road engineering, Technologies Nouvelles helps you to define maintenance strategies, and to establish various scenarios in order to anticipate, prioritise and schedule preventive and curative maintenance interventions taking into account technical and budget constraints.
Our teams establish comparative simulations of maintenance strategies in order to visualise the impacts of budget and technical choices made regarding the development of the condition of roads.
PRIORITISE WORK TO BE CARRIED OUT
The categorisation of roads is important as it determines the definition of expected service levels and maintenance priorities.
- Identify the roads concerned, their function and their use
- Qualify routes by their possible origin and destination
The condition indicators implemented within the context of the maintenance policy, are classified in order to directly qualify the condition of the section depending on recorded data. The proposed scoring is used to define the type of work to be carried out to restore the condition of the network:
- No work
- One-off repairs or resurfacing
- Filling or strengthening (light/heavy)
- Complete upgrade: reconstruction.
Prioritisation is based on criteria previously defined within the framework of the maintenance policy, such as:
- Traffic supported, notably HGV traffic
- Damage observed (structure or surface)
- The characteristic environment of the road
- The cost of the works and the allocated budget
- The age of the road, etc.
These initial proposals are refined in accordance with additional parameters to define the most suitable maintenance solutions for the road situation:
- Class of road, class of HGV traffic
- Road structure
- Strategic and/or economic interest.
- Presence of public transport traffic
The priorities are established based on the condition of the road, its use, and the budget allocated with the technical departments.
MANAGE THE BUDGET AND OPTIMISE WORK PROGRAMME PROPOSALS
Technologies Nouvelles helps you to define a multi-year schedule of maintenance work in order to ensure a good level of service for users with regards to the available budgets, and to measure the impact based on the economic and technical choices made.
Our teams answer your questions:
- With a fixed budget, what work needs to be carried out?
- What is the budget required to properly maintain the network?
- How will the condition of the roads change with or without work?
Our teams establish a provisional investment plan for scheduling studies and work to be carried out on all sections of the network concerned. This provisional investment plan specifies issues that have arisen due to a non-compliance with the regulations in force, a proven hazard or the improvement of comfort or appearance.
Work is generally scheduled per section taking into account the annual budget available and the level of priority of the work to be carried out.
Needs are estimated based on:
- The type of maintenance to be performed
- The surface or length to be processed
- The solutions chosen and validated
Technologies Nouvelles provides you access to decision-aid tools to enable you to anticipate and better schedule work in correlation with the allocated budget.