TN DATA BIKE : An Innovation for active mobility
- A diagnosis performed in real-life situation with fre access to all cycle lanes.
- Environnement friendly equiment : auscultation system build-in an electrically assisted bicycle
- A tool to help improve road assets in order to promote comfortable and safe cycling.
- Collect data :
Record an image bank, the exact position of the measuring system and the user’s experience while riding.
- Evaluate the cycle network :
Analyse the condition of path and its environment, qualify possible maintenance needs along with comfort and safety levels.
- Advise & support :
Recommend maintenance and improvement solutions to enable users to move around easily and safely.
High-performance auscultation and comprehensive diagnosis of the state of cycle lanes
Better knowledge of existing cycling facilities. Facilitates decision-making: new developments or maintenance/modifications of cycling infrastructure. Optimises the maintenance budget.
Maximum reliability and accuracy
of the system: real-time mapping display, sensor control
and data acquisition quality check. hybrid inertial measurement unit with two GPS antennas coupled to an odometer.
1/ Records of lanes conditions
Surface quality, longitudina profile distortion and deterioration (potholes).
2/ Data analysis :
- Comfort level : obstacles, slopes, parking, suitable street furniture, etc.
- Overall quality of marking and surfacing of the cycle network, visibility
- Conformity of road equipment horizontal and vertical signage, traffic light signals and cycle crossing.
- The environment of the cycle lane : traffic density, accident black spots.
- Focus : safety studies at intersection rights-of-way (on request)
3/ Retrieval of geolocated data
Publication of maps of the condition of the roadways and the ride comfortfelt by the user via a link to a dynamic Open source GIS solution and customised recommendations.